Introducing Provox Life™ for people living with laryngectomy
Provox Life™ offers a flexible and complete solution for people living with laryngectomy.
The solution allows you to experience a personalized regime, no matter where you are on your recovery journey.
The solution enables 24/7 use of Heat Moisture Exchanges (HMEs), forming the basis for improved lung health.
Improved lung health helps to reduce coughing which can also have a positive impact on quality of life.
The solution consists of:
- Six high performing, interchangeable HMEs that ensure the right balance between humidification and breathability, and cover your needs for every occasion after having a laryngectomy.
- Newly designed adhesives with improved materials and new SecureFit™ coupling which provides you with comfort and confidence.
Why choose Provox Life™ HMEs and Adhesives?
Provox Life™ is a new and improved range of products – designed to alleviate the challenges of excess mucus and coughing after undergoing a laryngectomy.
As outlined by our purpose and values, we seek to always produce the highest quality products to ensure we deliver on our promise. After conducting thorough research about laryngectomees’ daily lives, we found that their quality of life was being impacted by excess mucus and coughing.
By focusing on these challenges, Atos Medical developed a complete solution that helps reduce mucus, ease coughing and allows you to engage in more everyday activities.
After undergoing a total laryngectomy in January 2020, Joakim was introduced to the Provox Life system later in the year. Now he coughs less, thanks to the Provox Life HMEs. Watch the video to hear more about his inspirational journey.
We have made subtle changes to the dimensions of the HME which results in significant gains in the way they perform. By increasing the diameter, we were able to improve humidification and breathing performance. These two factors are crucial in helping to improve lung health.
Other improvements include:
- A flexible and softer ring with decreased height provides a tighter seal around the stoma for a more secure fit.
- The wider ring with decreased height, makes stoma and voice prosthesis cleaning easier.
- New and reinforced coupling with SecureFit™ technology gives an audible click to confirm that the HME is securely in place, and is compatible across the range for a personalized experience.
What's in the range?
The Provox Life™ range consists of six HMEs and four adhesives that cover your needs from morning to night, and while you sleep. In the beginning, you will need time to grow accustomed to using an HME but once you are comfortable and ready to become more active, the Provox Life™ range has HMEs and Adhesives for all occasions.
Provox Life™ HMEs
Provox Life™ HMEs sit over your stoma and allow you to breathe through them. They help reduce coughing and mucus production while easing irritation in your windpipe.
Provox Life™ Adhesives
The Provox Life™ adhesives are the most common and comfortable way to attach the HME in front of your stoma. They are available in a wide range, so you can find the one that is best suited for you.
Check out our range of Provox Life™ HMEs and Adhesives
During the research phase of Provox Life™ we followed a number of users in their homes, at work and when doing their hobbies in order to understand their main issues after a laryngectomy. Learn more about our research behind Provox Life™ HMEs.