Confidence to eat and drink without leakage
Provox Vega XtraSeal combines the benefits of Provox Vega with a solution to manage leakage around the voice prosthesis due to enlarged
Essentially, it is a Provox Vega with an additional, enlarged esophageal flange. The flange is thin, concave and very flexible, so it conforms to the tissue around the puncture. With Provox Vega XtraSeal patients can speak, eat and drink while the leakage is managed.
- Manages peripheral leakage
- Designed to conform to the tissue around the TE puncture
- Can be combined with Provox XtraFlange
No two tracheoesophageal punctures are the same. In addition, clinicians have different preferences when it comes to the insertion method for the voice prosthesis. The Provox Vega Insertion System has been developed with all this in mind; it can be used in different ways depending on preferred method.
- System Insertion: For straightforward, easily accessible punctures.
- Tube Insertion: For more difficult-to-reach or angled punctures.
- Capsule Insertion: For a narrow stoma or esophagus- and difficult-to-reach punctures.
The system is quick and easy to adapt to the chosen insertion method, with minimal set-up or preparation time – and it is precision-engineered to perfectly fold the esophageal flange of the voice prosthesis.
What to do if your voice prosthesis is leaking?
How does a voice prosthesis work?
- Petersen JF, Lansaat L, Hilgers F, Brekel MVD. Solving periprosthetic leakage with a novel prosthetic device. Laryngoscope. 2018;129(10):2299-302.