The Provox Vega Puncture Set allows voice prosthesis insertion immediately after creating the tracheoesophageal (TE) puncture. Insertion is made in three steps – Protect, Puncture and Place.
- Protect – The transparent pharynx protector (intended for primary puncture only) protects the pharyngeal walls.
- Puncture – The puncture needle creates the puncture and is used to introduce the GuideWire through the puncture site.
- Place – The TE puncture is gradually dilated when the dilator, attached to the GuideWire is pulled through the same. The voice prosthesis thereafter slides gently into position.
In a multicenter clinical study, 100% of the voice prostheses could be placed using the Provox Vega Puncture Set; 89% of the procedures required no additional instruments.
- All-in-one surgical set
- Creates a round puncture, leaving the surrounding tissue intact
- Comes pre-loaded with a Provox Vega voice prosthesis
- Is disposable
- Enables a rapid procedure, minimum preparation and assembly are needed
- Is sterile
- 1 Provox Vega voice prosthesis
- 1 Pharynx Protector (made of transparent thermoplastic)
- 1 Puncture Needle (made of surgical stainless steel)
- 1 GuideWire (made of pre-colored fluoroplastic)
- 1 Puncture Dilator
- 1 Provox Brush (non-sterile)
Watch this guidance video on how to perform primary punctures and prosthesis placement with the Provox Vega Puncture Set: