The Provox ActiValve is designed for users who experience short device life (less than 4 – 8 weeks) caused by early leakage through the prosthesis or negative pressure in the pharynx/esophagus during swallowing or inhalation. The valve and valve-seat are closed with magnets which prevents inadvertent valve opening when the user breathes or swallows.
In a clinical study, the Provox ActiValve had a 16-fold device life compared to standard voice prostheses.
Features & Advantages
- Increased device life – reduces the need for frequent replacements in most patients who experience short device life
- Available in three strengths – Light, Strong and XtraStrong
- Non-sterile, for single use.
- 1 Provox ActiValve voice prosthesis
- 1 single-use insertion tool
- 2 Provox Brush
- 1 Provox ActiValve Lubricant
- 1 Provox Plug
- 2 User Cards
- 1 Emergency Card
How does a voice prosthesis work? Read more