Longest device life
Provox ActiValve is primarily designed for patients who experience early leakage through the voice prosthesis. The blue fluoroplastic material of the valve flap and ring appears insusceptible to destruction by candida. The magnets will prevent the valve flap from opening inadvertently when breathing or swallowing.
Clinical evidence shows that Provox ActiValve has a significantly longer average device life compared to all other voice prostheses.
- Significantly longest average device life
- Manages early central leakage due to biofilm
- Manages central leakage due to underpressure
What to do if your voice prosthesis is leaking?
How does a voice prosthesis work?
- Kress P, Schafer P, Schwerdtfeger FP, Rosler S. Are modern voice prostheses better? A lifetime comparison of 749 voice prostheses. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2014;271(1):133-40.
- Soolsma J, Van den Brekel MW, Ackerstaff AH, Balm AJ, Tan B, Hilgers FJ. Long-term results of Provox ActiValve, solving the problem of frequent candida- and “underpressure”-related voice prosthesis replacements. Laryngoscope. 2008;118(2):252-7.
- Timmermans AJ, Harmsen HJ, Bus-Spoor C, Buijssen KJ, van As-Brooks C, de Goffau MC, et al. Biofilm formation on the Provox ActiValve: Composition and ingrowth analyzed by Illumina pairedend RNA sequencing, fluorescence in situ hybridization and confocal laser scanning microscopy. Head Neck. 2015;38 Suppl 1:E432-40.