Provox Vega voice prosthesisIn 1990, the first Provox voice prosthesis was introduced, followed by the second generation, Provox2, in 1997. Provox has made a global impact. Now we proudly present the third generation - Provox Vega voice prosthesis with SmartInserter.
Provox Vega - the standard has been raised
All three diameters* of the Provox Vega protheses have been designed to maximize airflow to help reduce speaking effort.
- The inner diameter has been maximized to reduce airflow resistance during speech.
- The angled valve is designed for easier opening when speaking.
- The angled valve is designed to help in on-going speech by reducing resistance, making speech less effortful.
- The valve is recessed and totally encased by the prosthesis hood minimizing direct exposure of the valve to the esophagus.
Easy cleaning & maintenance
- Advanced design components of the voice prosthesis and cleaning accessories.
- A 360° hood protects the valve.
- The oval shaped tracheal flange is less likely to rotate.
- A smooth nonirritating edge is made possible by integration of the safety strap on the face of the tracheal flange.
- With three (3) diameters in six lengths each, there’s a Provox Vega right for just about everyone!
Innovative hygienic placement and replacement
The SmartInserter** provides a whole new way of placing the Provox Vega. Innovative design with significant improvements.
- The Provox Vega voice prosthesis comes preloaded in the SmartInserter - no assembling needed.
- Designed to prevent unintentional overshooting.
- SmartInserter has a smooth, webbed tip for insertion.
*The availability of diameters varies between markets.
**not to be used in a freshly made (not yet healed) puncture